Sunday, November 23, 2008

Robbbyrda's Dog Godfrey


This is my friend Robbbyrda being not only a fabulous mom to Godfrey, but such a great friend to Ella (and me). She was letting Ella "walk" Godfrey. Keep in mind Godfrey weighs more than Ella and Robbbyrda together so that is some trust going on there- between them all! This picture is from a dog park here in Charlottesville. It was like a playground with pets. All the parents know each other by their kids (for example, Robbbyrda is "Godfrey's Mom", not Robbbyrda, not Gary's wife, not a Director at UVa, but known for Godfrey. Nice! These pictures don't do him justice, but Godfrey is so sweet, so lovable, and huge! When we left Ella said Godfrey could come over and sleep with her in her bed. With that suggestion I was wondering what it would take to make that happen since this is the first time I've heard Ella talk about sleeping AT ALL in her bed. So I said, "Maybe for your Birthday" to which she replied, "Well, I need a new bed first". And again- if that is what it takes...



After visiting we did our usual grocery shopping and then headed home for a nap. Wes made it home from golf early so it was a nice Sunday afternoon with everyone home. I even had some time to clean out Ella's closet. I can't believe I am packing away all her size two clothes and cute little sandals. I know you all told me it would go by so fast but seriously, this just doesn't seem fair. Ella's favorite activity lately is "reading" to her animals. Here's a quick video of her "reading":




And here are picture of her reading to Private Humpback (sent from Iraq). Oddly enough, while Ella was reading to him, the phone rang and it was Matt calling. Ella is too little to understand the importance of that but as soon as I heard his voice I was so happy. Thank you for calling Matt!


And no, it is not unusually warm for November here. As I have been putting away Ella's clothes, she finds them and puts her favorites back on.

2 comments:

MaryBednar said...

Priceless as always ---Have a GOOD trip -- I miss your MOM a lot, too. I miss all of you and look forward to seeing you all at Christmas --- Ella is the BEST!!
LOL, mary

Dick said...

Great bedtime reading Ella. Wish you were here so you could read a bedtime story to me. Well, you will be in a few weeks. Great!