Thursday, November 13, 2008

Being put in my place by a two year old

Ella: Why are we going to the store?
Me: Because I forgot to get sugar
Ella: Why do we need sugar?
Me: Because I need coffee
Ella: Why do you need coffee?
Me: Because I like it
Ella: Why do you like it?
Me: Because I have an addiction
Ella: What's an addiction?
Me: A bad habit
Ella: You need a time out
Me: Why?
Ella: Stop talking while you're driving

Okay then- let's just call a spade a spade. In a matter of minutes I feel like a drug dealer because I realize I'm addicted to coffee. There are worse things. It's just that these questions are coming at record speed these days and I probably am just entertaining myself with such ridiculous answers. Seriously- why can't I just be a grown up and say something along the lines of, "for the same reasons you want juice, I like it"? But I don't and Ella is getting quick enough to put me in my place which is funny. Whether she realizes it or not- she is pretty funny these days.

2 comments:

Dave and Judy said...

It would appear you have meet your match! It will only get worse as she gets older so sharpen your wits! Always remember you are not the first adult to be out done by a child. It's even happened to me----more than once. Love, Judy

AJZ said...

Called out on your coffee habit...lovely. My brother's kids know what their daddy orders at Starbucks...and the kids have their regular orders, too! (hot chocolate or milk). Happy Thanksgiving! - Andrew