Sunday, May 25, 2008

My Neighborhood

When we come home from walks, Ella starts singing, "My neighborhood, my neighborhood..." as soon as the houses come in to view. She has that sing-song melody and it's picture-perfect. It helps that we live in a beautiful area, with the Blue Ridge Mountains in perfect view. It also helps that there are so many kids to play with and always a parent around to hang with. I know when the kids are home from school just by hearing their bikes and skateboards hit the pavement as they head out to find their friends. We are very lucky to have found this neighborhood.


This weekend there was an impromptu picnic on "The Green" as we call the grassy space at the front of our neighborhood. We all brought whatever was going on our table that night, some blankets, some games, and hung out. For me, this may trump the great mountains right now. I'm just very happy to live in a place where Ella can run around with little friends and I know there are a bunch of mothers (and fathers, brothers, uncles,....) there watching her too. And yes- those are light sabers. I somehow missed getting a picture of Wes with his.



No comments: