Sunday, May 25, 2008

Garden?

I can pretty much guarantee my family (okay, mostly Polly) will be surprised to know I worked in the yard this weekend. Uh-huh Polly, you heard me right. Me, the one who had NOTHING to do with your garden in high school. The one who didn't know what a spice was, let alone how to grow one. The one who mowed the lawn ONLY because I could wear my bikini and get a tan while doing so. I could go on here, but we all know I'm not exactly the earthiest girl around.

Anyway- my neighbor had some extra tomato plants and asked if I'd like them. I almost didn't take them because the "garden" portion of our yard is still in the process of becoming suitable for planting. But the thought of fresh tomatoes was overwhelming so here I am, container gardening my heart out. Wes endured an afternoon at the nursery with Ella and me looking for additional spices and a couple hours later, voila! Who knows if I'll use all the spices, but I had such a great time with Ella making them that I don't really care. Every time I look outside and see our containers I smile. This is summer!




No comments: