Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Daisy Chain


When we were little, we would spend all day outside. No worries from my parents about where we were, what we were doing, or what we could get into. We stayed in our neighborhood and played with the neighborhood gang. I could easily go into my rant about how things have changed, but I'll spare you my opinions... for now. What I am getting at is this: we could spend hours making daisy chains. Anyone? Let me explain. We'd pick flowers (weeds) and tie them together into necklaces and bracelets. It was really great.


Today Ella and I went for a walk and when we stopped by a pond she started picking the same flowers (weeds) we did when we were little. I tied a couple together and thought I'd be brave and offer it to Ella fully expecting a no. She loved them! So I decked her out in my finest pieces to date. She fell asleep by the time we got home so I couldn't get a picture of the full ensamble, but what a great time we had. When I told Polly about it she commented on what a strange place it is when you are doing things with your daughter that you remember doing when you were little. Wow- I'm still recovering from the thought of that.

No comments: