Saturday, January 10, 2009

Perfect Saturday

Hmmmm... just what might make a perfect Saturday? For me, it is waking up leisurely (thank you Wes), and having a low-key day. Today was one of those days. Ella started Ballet today too which was an extra treat. That was on schedule, but there was no stress involved so it still fit into my low-key day. Ella is taking classes at Albemarle Ballet Theatre. I volunteered there last semester so I know her teacher and that made it all the better. I was curious how Ella would do, and a little bit of me wondered if she would even go to the class. This is a classic dance studio so there are rules to be followed: pink leotard, pink tights, ballet shoes only and hair up. A big contrast to The Little Gym where anything goes. You also cannot wear your dance clothes to and from class, but must at least have a cover-up on. So we get there and Wes gets Ella dressed and when the other little girls arrive and go into the studio I asked Ella if she was ready; without a second thought she was off. This is Ella's first class experience outside of her school and I was really happy to see how much she enjoyed it.

My perfect day continued with a visit from Robbie, Barry and Alex. I have to say, I am lucky to have in-laws that are okay with ordering pizza and hanging out on the sofa for a bit. Robbie even put Ella down for her nap. Thank you! Thank you also for the presents for Ella- she brought the hat to bed tonight. Here are a couple pictures from our day:


Wes, Alex and Ella playing Guitar Hero.

Ella Opening Barry's Birthday presents for him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember taking ballet too-I think I cried and sat in mom's lap the whole time. Go Ella!