Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Where's Uncle Matt?

Today I took Ella to get her passport picture taken. She was great, stellar actually because it took a couple shots to get it right. I should have thought this through better, because I said we needed her picture so she could see Uncle Matt. Therefore, I was stumped for an answer when after the picture was taken she asked the picture lady, "Can you take me to Uncle Matt now?". I tried to explain the process to Ella but there is no way to explain that to a two year old. We moved on to our next errand to which Ella asked, "Do I get to see Uncle Matt?". Crap! Why did I not think this through? So after yet again an unsuccessful explanation, I took Ella to school for Tumblebus. It didn't end there.

Wes picked Ella up and said Ella asked if she could see Uncle Matt. Usually this means we get out pictures of Uncle Matt with baby Ella, little Ella, and beach Ella. She wasn't having it. So Uncle Matt, perhaps your ears have been ringing because Ella is very much looking forward to seeing you.

And Polly- I remember when Isabella was little and I would be coming out to see you and you wouldn't tell her. It would kill me, I just wanted to be excited with her. You always said you waited until the very end because time is difficult for kids to understand. You are such a good Mom.

No comments: