Friday, March 7, 2008

Wait!




Ella and I spent a lot of time apart today, measured in corners and a turn in the stairs. She kept saying to me, "Wait Mommy" which I didn't really understand at first. We were walking up the stairs and she held up her hand and said "Wait Mommy". Huh? I continued up the stairs only to be met with a bit of a tantrum. I then obeyed and eventually received the "Okay Mommy, it's your turn now". And the lightbulb went off for me. It's so sweet to see her interpretations of lessons she is learning. It is a good thing we occupied ourselves with this because it was raining pretty hard all day. Ella would run to the window to check and I'd be a little sad to hear, "Still raining".



We did make it out to have lunch with Steve and we were happy to see Ella likes Thai food. When we came home Ella took a long nap and woke up screaming. When I went in to get her Schroedinger ran out of her room and Ella was screaming (and I mean screaming), "NO NO SCHROJO, NOT NICE!!". Then she followed Schro and continued the reprimand. Schro looked nonplussed and ran at the first opportunity. Later we were reading books and Schro wandered over and head butted Ella and Ella loved it. Clearly no grudges here.

One last comment- you can't tell from these pictures, but those are legwarmers Ella has on. Uh huh- fashion always comes full circle!

No comments: