Saturday, September 27, 2008

Big Girl Bed


For some reason this crib represents all things baby to me (I carried this picture around with me the whole time I was pregnant). Before Ella came I loved this crib, while she slept in her bassinet I loved this crib. I secretly put her in her crib for some naps even though she was happy in the bassinet. And when I did that, she'd immediately wake up as if to say "No dice Mom, too much space for me right now". There is just something so sweet about this crib. So you can imagine my delight when I picked up the conversion kit that allowed me to keep the crib around for a little longer in the form of a toddler bed. De-light!

Ella could hardly wait to get her animals in her new "Big Girl" bed (Those who made the cut: Cat, Puppy, Rangy-Tangy, Bear, Feet, Pink and Baby Stella). And... she even threw her binks down and said, "I'm a big girl, I don't need binks". What? No binks? Could it be true? And sure enough, no binks made the transition into the big girl bed... until it came time for real sleeping in the bed. Seriously- I have enough guilt about this bink thing to last me through Christmas. Anyway... we're all happy for the new bed and I'm happy to live in denial that since it's still the same crib (stars and all) Ella isn't really growing up so fast.

No comments: