Saturday, September 12, 2009

Where to begin...

... since I could pick a couple really interesting issues this week to comment on (again, if only I had my own blog I would elaborate on that, but I'll try to keep this related to Ella). Ella began ballet again and loved every minute of it. Last year I had to periodically sit in with her, or take her to the bathroom a couple times (the class is only one hour), or offer a mocha (aka hot chocolate) if she stayed in class the entire time. This year I just might get to be an adult and talk to other parents. I could get used to this. Ella getting ready for class:

She continues to love tennis. Shannon commented after all the golf going on around here that I was probably hoping for tennis to stick and Shannon- you couldn't be more right! This week we went on Thursday for class and Ella was less than thrilled with having a "boy teacher". She didn't want to go if Ashley wasn't teaching. We made it there and within minutes she was enthralled with Brad, her Thursday teacher. After class we got a snack upstairs and she then ran over to watch the next class. She said, "I want to wave to Brad". I couldn't stop her. The windows look down on the courts and Brad saw Ella and lobbed a bunch of balls up to her. If she didn't like tennis already, she was hooked at that moment. And if I didn't like tennis, I do now- that made Ella's week and as every mom knows, it then makes your week.

This past Saturday I woke up to this:


And Ella went to bed in this:


Polly sent this for Ella earlier this summer and at first I was a bit confused on the shorts and long pant thing as an all-in-one. Mostly because I constantly think Ella's cold at night (I make this up- she has never said that) so I wasn't sure about the shorts. Ella was not confused- she wears them all at once. Throw in "Hockey Socks" and this outfit screams Cueny Love!
Pre-school is continuing to be a fun time as well. Ella has her first "field trip" in October and is currently learning a letter every week. She walks around the house sounding out everything she sees: "Schro is a c-c-c-c-c-cat, L-l-l-l-lexy is a d-d-d-d-d-d-d-dog. We play a lot of this and it is fun. On Monday I asked her if she wanted to come home for lunch and she said she wanted to stay for cooking with Ms. Cinda. I go back and forth between being happy for this and being sad.

5 comments:

Kiki said...

She is ADORABLE! Larkin and Ella are going to be such fashionistas when they are older! The ballet outfit is too cute. I was hoping we could swing larkin this time... but it didn't work out... maybe for the next "semester". Let's play soon! Are those cupcakes?? I want some :)

MaryBednar said...

Ella -- the most adorable little girl in all the world ---great posting = also love the tennis tales so much!!! Mary

Unknown said...

I lovelovelove the pigtails, and Ella's fashion sense is extreme! Too cute for words. Can't wait to see you this weekend and let you guys meet my puppy:)

Dave and Judy said...

Cueny Love isn't all bad....I think I've seen an outfit just like that on Bella---or was it Grace. No mater- they all look like princeses to me....Love Jucy

Bella, Grace, Polly, Mark said...

Cueny love rules! She has such style. Miss you guys.