Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Quiet Time... for Mom



Some days I feel like the only quiet time I get is when Ella is either sleeping or taking a bath/shower. For the most part, things are pretty easy these days (no, I can't believe I actually put that in writing either- but she is just one child. A friend of mine is about to have his third under three so, well, who am I to complain about Ella's thunderbolt threes?). But today Ella was having a difficult time listening and I was having a difficult time remaining calm. She finally said she just wanted a bath which turned into a shower which sort of re-set our day (Thank you God). Then she went right to her room for a nap and that definitely re-set my day. So here I am writing with the perspective of someone who has a quiet house on a rainy day with a sweet, sweet little girl tucked tightly into bed.

3 comments:

Kiki said...

ahhh.. now that does sound nice... rainy day... quiet... did you curl up and read a book?? This is our first day of no school. I think it's going to be a LONG summer. I love ella's quilt! Where di dyou get that??

Bella, Grace, Polly, Mark said...

i am going to write!!!!!!!!!!!

Bella, Grace, Polly, Mark said...

sweet paragraph!!!!!!!!!