Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Reading


At my baby shower, my Mom had everyone sign a photo mat that would someday hold a picture of Ella reading. Those who signed noted their favorite book. When I saw Ella reading Pip and Squeak by Ian Schoenherr I thought it was the perfect opportunity. Ian is a close friend of Scott and Jodi and they had him sign this book for Ella. She has come to call it Ian's book and when she reads it (she currently likes to read to you) the story is about Kemper and Selma with Ian and the mouse in the snow... the end. There are variations, but she has latched onto the very first page where Ian wrote a note to her from Selma and Kemper.
This afternoon when she was reading (I had not realized she was reading Ian's book) I heard her say, "It's snowing". I was in the kitchen and yelled to her in the living room, "Really Ella, it's snowing?" Her reply was "In the book mama". I tried to get her to let me see what else was going on in the book, but she was reading to her babies so I was not allowed.

No comments: